Commander 2015: Spidey (Call the Spirits) vs Mooseman (Seize Control)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with all who are able
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 9
Experience Ctrs: 1
Hand: 3
Library: 61
Commander Zone: 1WB *Already twice now*
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(U) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool.)
(U) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))
Phyrexian Reclamation (1B, Pay 2 life: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)
Banishing Light (When ~ ETB, exile target nonland permanent Mooseman controls until ~ leaves the battlefield)
(T) Daxos's Torment (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

(T) Ghostblade Eidolon (1/1; Bestow 5W; Double Strike; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike)
(T) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
(T) Spirit enchantment creature token (1/1)
(T) Spirit enchantment creature token (1/1)
(S) Spirit enchantment creature token (1/1)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice, Ancient Craving,
Thief of Blood, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 12
Hand: 5
Library: 51

Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Island x6
(UUUUTTT) Mountan x7
(T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )
(U) Izzet Guildgate (ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. )
(T) Reliquary Tower ( You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. )
(U) Izzet Signet ( 1, T: Add UR to your mana pool.)

(T) Etherium-Horn Sorcerer (Minotaur Wizard, 3/6, {1}{U}{R}: Return Etherium-Horn Sorcerer to its owner's hand.
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom in a random order.) )

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall, Reins of Power, Word of Seizing,
Melek, Izzet Paragon, Lone Revenant, Chain Reaction, Stroke of Genius
Exile:Talrand, Sky Summoner via Grasp of Fate, Rite of the Raging Storm via Banishing Light

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. That even takes out Daxos's Torment

Return Daxos to the Commander Zone, so I'll recast him for a third time now
Dawnglare Invoker
Vivid Meadow

Done

Hand: 1
Commander Zone: 1WB *Already three times now*
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,T,T,U,U) Plains x6
(T) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool.)
(T) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add W to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge ctrs*
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(T) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))
Phyrexian Reclamation (1B, Pay 2 life: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)
Banishing Light (When ~ ETB, exile target nonland permanent Mooseman controls until ~ leaves the battlefield)
(T) (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

(S) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
(S) Dawnglare Invoker (2/1; Flying; 8: Tap all creatures target player controls)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice, Ancient Craving,
Thief of Blood, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts, Daxos's Torment, Ghostblade Eidolon
Exile:
Hand: 4
Library: 51

Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Island x6
(UUUUTTT) Mountan x7
(T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )
(U) Izzet Guildgate (ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. )
(T) Reliquary Tower ( You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. )

(T) Etherium-Horn Sorcerer (Minotaur Wizard, 3/6, {1}{U}{R}: Return Etherium-Horn Sorcerer to its owner's hand.
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom in a random order.) )

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall, Reins of Power, Word of Seizing,
Melek, Izzet Paragon, Lone Revenant, Chain Reaction, Stroke of Genius, Mirror Match
Exile:Talrand, Sky Summoner via Grasp of Fate, Rite of the Raging Storm via Banishing Light

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Arjun, the Shifting Flame
Desperate Ravings
Discard Vandalblast
Blatant Thievery the Invoker
Put 3 on bottom of library, draw three cards
Island
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,T,T,U,U) Plains x6
(T) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool.)
(T) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add W to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge ctrs*
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(T) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

(T) (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

(S) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")

Thief of Blood, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts, Daxos's Torment, Ghostblade Eidolon
Exile:
Hand: 2
Library: 48

Battlefield:

(UTTTTTT) Island x7
(TTTTTTT) Mountan x7
(T) Izzet Guildgate (ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. )
(T) Izzet Signet ( 1, T: Add UR to your mana pool.)

(U) Etherium-Horn Sorcerer (Minotaur Wizard, 3/6, {1}{U}{R}: Return Etherium-Horn Sorcerer to its owner's hand.
(S) Arjun, the Shifting Flame (Sphinx Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever you cast a spell, put the cards in your hand on the bottom of your library in any order, then draw that many cards. )
(S) Dawnglare Invoker (2/1; Flying; 8: Tap all creatures target player controls) ~Theifed~

Melek, Izzet Paragon, Lone Revenant, Chain Reaction, Stroke of Genius, Mirror Match
Exile:Talrand, Sky Summoner via Grasp of Fate, Rite of the Raging Storm via Banishing Light[/quote]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just to be clear, was the "Put 3 on the bottom of your library, draw 3" done at the casting of Desperate Ravings, or after Blatant Thievery?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Put 3 on the bottom of your library, draw 3 was done before the blantant thievery.
Sorry for the confusion.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Cage of Hands targeting Arjun, triggering Sigil
Responses to either?

Spidey: 7
Library: 60
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(U) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool.)
(U) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(U) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add W to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge ctrs*
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Cage of Hands (Enchanted creature can't attack or block.; 1W: Return ~ to its owner's hand)

(U) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
(U) Spirit enchantment creature token (1/1)
(S) Angel creature token? (4/4; Flying)

Thief of Blood, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts, Daxos's Torment
Exile:

Battlefield:

(UTTTTTT) Island x7
(TTTTTTT) Mountan x7

(U) Etherium-Horn Sorcerer (Minotaur Wizard, 3/6, {1}{U}{R}: Return Etherium-Horn Sorcerer to its owner's hand.
(S) Arjun, the Shifting Flame (Sphinx Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever you cast a spell, put the cards in your hand on the bottom of your library in any order, then draw that many cards. )
(S) Dawnglare Invoker (2/1; Flying; 8: Tap all creatures target player controls) ~Theifed~

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, the casting also triggers Daxos the Returned ability also

Ghostblade Eidon for its Bestow cost on Daxos the Returned, triggering Sigil and Daxos the Returned
Responses?

Experience Ctrs: 3
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,T,T,U,U) Plains x6
(U) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add W to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge ctrs*

Cage of Hands (Enchanted creature can't attack or block.; 1W: Return ~ to its owner's hand)
Ghostblade Eidolon (1/1; Bestow 5W; Double Strike; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike)
(U) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *Ghostblade?*
(S) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UTTTTTT) Island x7
(TTTTTTT) Mountan x7

(S) Arjun, the Shifting Flame (Sphinx Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever you cast a spell, put the cards in your hand on the bottom of your library in any order, then draw that many cards. ) *Caged*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Daxos attacks
Use Rogue's Passage and WWBB to make him unblockable
Responses? Blocking step responses? Dmg resolves?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5
(T,T,T,T,T,T) Plains x6

Ghostblade Eidolon (1/1; Bestow 5W; Double Strike; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike)
(T) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *Ghostblade?*

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UTTTTTT) Island x7
(TTTTTTT) Mountan x7

(S) Arjun, the Shifting Flame (Sphinx Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever you cast a spell, put the cards in your hand on the bottom of your library in any order, then draw that many cards. ) *Caged*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you have one Island untapped unless that's in error...

Okay, you take 6

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5
(T,T,T,T,T,T) Plains x6

(T) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *Ghostblade?*

Exile:
Mooseman: 6

Battlefield:

(UTTTTTT) Island x7
(TTTTTTT) Mountan x7

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Repeal on cage of hands
Do the hand thing
tap 8, Use invoker to tap all your creatures
Attack with Sorcerer and Arjun.
Responses?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5
(T,T,T,T,T,T) Plains x6

Exile:
Mooseman: 6
Library: 47

Battlefield:

(UUUUTTT) Island x7
(UUTTTTT) Mountan x7
(U) Reliquary Tower ( You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. )

(T) Arjun, the Shifting Flame (Sphinx Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever you cast a spell, put the cards in your hand on the bottom of your library in any order, then draw that many cards. ) *Caged*
(U) Dawnglare Invoker (2/1; Flying; 8: Tap all creatures target player controls) ~Theifed~