Commander 2015: Spidey (Call the Spirits) vs Mooseman (Seize Control)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 8

Scoured Barrens
Thief of Blood

Done

Spidey: 13
Experience Ctrs: 1
Hand: 2
Library: 63
Commander Zone: 1WB
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(T) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool.
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))
Phyrexian Reclamation (1B, Pay 2 life: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)
Banishing Light (When ~ ETB, exile target nonland permanent Mooseman controls until ~ leaves the battlefield)
Daxos's Torment (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)
Ghostblade Eidolon (1/1; Bestow 5W; Double Strike; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike)

(T) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)
(U) Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts (4/4; Vigilance, Pro-Creatures; Whenever a creature deals combat dmg to me, destroy that creature. Put a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield)
(S) Thief of Blood (1/1; Flying; As ~ ETB, remove all ctrs from all permanents. ~ ETB with a +1/+1 ctr on it for each ctr removed this way)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice, Ancient Craving
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 12
Hand: 6
Library: 55
Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUUU) Mountan x7
(U) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )
(U) Izzet Guildgate (ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. )
(U) Reliquary Tower ( You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. )

(T) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (3/3; Double strike from Ghostblade Eidolon; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *Ghostblade Eidolon*

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall, Reins of Power
Exile:Talrand, Sky Summoner via Grasp of Fate, Rite of the Raging Storm via Banishing Light

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Word of Seizing on your Envoy
Attack with Envoy and Daxos
Block?

Spidey: 13
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(T) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool.
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))
Phyrexian Reclamation (1B, Pay 2 life: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)
Banishing Light (When ~ ETB, exile target nonland permanent Mooseman controls until ~ leaves the battlefield)
Daxos's Torment (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)
Ghostblade Eidolon (1/1; Bestow 5W; Double Strike; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike)

(T) Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts (4/4; Vigilance, Pro-Creatures; Whenever a creature deals combat dmg to me, destroy that creature. Put a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield)
(S) Thief of Blood (1/1; Flying; As ~ ETB, remove all ctrs from all permanents. ~ ETB with a +1/+1 ctr on it for each ctr removed this way)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice, Ancient Craving
Exile:
Library: 54
Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUTT) Mountan x7
(T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )
(T) Reliquary Tower ( You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. )

(T) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (3/3; Double strike from Ghostblade Eidolon; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *Ghostblade Eidolon*

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall, Reins of Power, Word of Seizing
Exile:Talrand, Sky Summoner via Grasp of Fate, Rite of the Raging Storm via Banishing Light

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 4
Etherium-Horn Sorcerer
Cascade waiting
Response?

Spidey: 9
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(T) Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts (4/4; Vigilance, Pro-Creatures; Whenever a creature deals combat dmg to me, destroy that creature. Put a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice, Ancient Craving,
Thief of Blood
Exile:
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x6
(UUTTTT) Mountan x7
(T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )
(T) Reliquary Tower ( You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. )

(S) Etherium-Horn Sorcerer (Minotaur Wizard, 3/6, {1}{U}{R}: Return Etherium-Horn Sorcerer to its owner's hand.
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom in a random order.) )

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall, Reins of Power, Word of Seizing

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Reveal Melek, Izzet Paragon
Reveal Temple of the False Godon top of my library
Chain Reaction for 5
Done.

Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Ghostblade Eidolon (1/1; Bestow 5W; Double Strike; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice, Ancient Craving,
Thief of Blood, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts, Daxos the Returned
Exile:
Hand: 4

Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x6
(UUTTTT) Mountan x7

(S) Etherium-Horn Sorcerer (Minotaur Wizard, 3/6, {1}{U}{R}: Return Etherium-Horn Sorcerer to its owner's hand.
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom in a random order.) )

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall, Reins of Power, Word of Seizing,
Melek, Izzet Paragon, Chain Reaction

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, I'm confused. So you exiled Melek, who doesn't cost less than Etherium-Horn, so you exiled Temple of the False God which is a land card, and then you exiled Chain Reaction and used it? And shouldn't Temple be put on the bottom of your library with the other two cards?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Let me try that again, I thought it was a nonland card that was more than the sorcerer
Reveal
Melek, Izzet Paragon
Temple of the False God (bottom of library)
Charmbreaker Devils(bottom of library)
Lone Revenant (bottom of library)
Cast Lone Revenant without paying its cost
Then cast Chain reaction from my hand
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Ghostblade Eidolon (1/1; Bestow 5W; Double Strike; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x6
(UUTTTT) Mountan x7

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall, Reins of Power, Word of Seizing,
Melek, Izzet Paragon, Lone Revenant, Chain Reaction.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, okay. Much clearer :) So Melek went to the bottom too? Although actually, I think all of those cards go randomly once Lone Revenant was the last card.

Also, Etherium says "may cast" so since the Lone Revenant would die once you cast Chain Reaction, wouldn't you just want to keep it in your hand?

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Vivid Marsh
I can choose for Daxos the Returned to go back to the Commander Zone once he dies (or does that happen automatically?), right? If so, I cast him. If not and he stays in the graveyard, obviously no casting :)

Done

Library: 62
Commander Zone: 1WB *Already cast once, potentially twice now*
Battlefield:

(T?,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T?,T?,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(U) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool.)
(T) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T?) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(S?) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x6
(UUTTTT) Mountan x7

Melek, Izzet Paragon, Lone Revenant, Chain Reaction.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Melek went to the bottom
Lone Revenant never gets to my hand, (exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less)
Commanders go to GY or CZ your choice.
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Stroke of Genius for 3
MT
Attack with Etherium
Block/Response?

Battlefield:

(T?,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U) Scoured Barrens (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool.)
(T) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB tapped with two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T?) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(S?) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")

Exile:
Library: 51

Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Island x6
(UUUUUTT) Mountan x7
(U) Reliquary Tower ( You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. )

(T) Etherium-Horn Sorcerer (Minotaur Wizard, 3/6, {1}{U}{R}: Return Etherium-Horn Sorcerer to its owner's hand.

Melek, Izzet Paragon, Lone Revenant, Chain Reaction, Stroke of Genius

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Izzet Signet
done

Battlefield:

(T?,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Island x6
(UUUUTTT) Mountan x7
(U) Izzet Signet ( 1, T: Add UR to your mana pool.)

(T) Etherium-Horn Sorcerer (Minotaur Wizard, 3/6, {1}{U}{R}: Return Etherium-Horn Sorcerer to its owner's hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Create a Spirit token
Responses?

Hand: 3
Library: 61
Commander Zone: 1WB *Already twice now*
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
(U) Spirit enchantment creature token (1/1)
(S?) Spirit enchantment creature token (1/1)

Thief of Blood, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
Exile:

Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Island x6
(UUUUTTT) Mountan x7

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Daxo's Torment triggers. Responses?

Hand: 3
Library: 61
Commander Zone: 1WB *Already twice now*
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U?) Daxos's Torment (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

(U) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
(S) Spirit enchantment creature token (1/1)

Thief of Blood, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
Exile:

Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Island x6
(UUUUTTT) Mountan x7