Challenger Decks: Spidey (Hazoret Aggro) vs Oversoul (Second Sun Control)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Heads it is. And I randomly picked (out of the three other decks) Second Sun Control for this one. I'll shuffle it up this evening.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Me too :) Just finished putting it into Excel.

Draw 7, keep.

Mt
Bomat Courier
Attack and exile my top library card

Done

Spidey: 20
Hand: 5
Library: 52
Battlefield:

(T) Mt

(T) Bomat Courier (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)

Graveyard:
Exile: Face down card from Courier
=============================================================================================
Oversoul: 19
Hand: 7
Library: 53
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Island, done.

Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T) Mt

(T) Bomat Courier (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)

Graveyard:
Exile: Face down card from Courier
=============================================================================================
Battlefield:

(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack, exiling my top library card.
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 6
Library: 50
Battlefield:

(U) Mt

(T,A) Bomat Courier (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)

Graveyard:
Exile: Face down card from Courier, Face down card from Courier
Battlefield:

(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 1

Mt
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider

Done

Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2

(S) Kari Zev, Skyship Raider (1/3; First strike, menace; Whenever ~ attacks, create a legendary 2/1 red Monkey creature token named Ragavan that's tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of combat)

Graveyard:
Oversoul: 18
Battlefield:

(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yikes. UUD, Plains, done. :(

Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2

(S) Kari Zev, Skyship Raider (1/3; First strike, menace; Whenever ~ attacks, create a legendary 2/1 red Monkey creature token named Ragavan that's tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of combat)

Graveyard:
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Another Bomat Courier
Attack with all, triggering everyone's abilities

Library: 47
Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2

(T,A) Bomat Courier #1 (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)
(T,A) Kari Zev, Skyship Raider (1/3; First strike, menace; Whenever ~ attacks, create a legendary 2/1 red Monkey creature token named Ragavan that's tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of combat)
(T,A) Bomat Courier #2 (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)
(T,A) Monkey creature token (2/1)

Graveyard:
Exile: Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #2
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 5.

Mt
Soul-Scar Mage

Done

Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Mt x3

(T) Bomat Courier #1 (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)
(T) Kari Zev, Skyship Raider (1/3; First strike, menace; Whenever ~ attacks, create a legendary 2/1 red Monkey creature token named Ragavan that's tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of combat)
(T) Bomat Courier #2 (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)
(S) Soul-Scar Mage (1/2; Prowess; If a source I control would deal noncombat dmg to a creature Oversoul controls, put that many -1/-1 ctrs on that creature instead)

Graveyard:
Exile: Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #2
Oversoul: 13
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Irrigated Farmland, done. :(

Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Mt x3

(T) Bomat Courier #1 (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)
(T) Kari Zev, Skyship Raider (1/3; First strike, menace; Whenever ~ attacks, create a legendary 2/1 red Monkey creature token named Ragavan that's tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of combat)
(T) Bomat Courier #2 (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)
(S) Soul-Scar Mage (1/2; Prowess; If a source I control would deal noncombat dmg to a creature Oversoul controls, put that many -1/-1 ctrs on that creature instead)

Graveyard:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(T) Irrigated Farmland (T: add W or U to my mana pool. ~ EtB tapped. Cycling 2.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with everyone, triggering the Couriers and Kari Zev

Hand: 3
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Mt x3

(T,A) Bomat Courier #1 (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)
(T,A) Kari Zev, Skyship Raider (1/3; First strike, menace; Whenever ~ attacks, create a legendary 2/1 red Monkey creature token named Ragavan that's tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of combat)
(T,A) Bomat Courier #2 (1/1; Haste; Whenever ~ attacks, exile the top card of my library face down.; R, Discard my hand, sac ~: Put all cards exiled with ~ into their owner's hands)
(T,A) Soul-Scar Mage (1/2; Prowess; If a source I control would deal noncombat dmg to a creature Oversoul controls, put that many -1/-1 ctrs on that creature instead)
(T,A) Monkey creature token (2/1)

Graveyard:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(T) Irrigated Farmland (T: add W or U to my mana pool. ~ EtB tapped. Cycling 2.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 6

Done

Hand: 3
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Mt x3

(T) Soul-Scar Mage (1/2; Prowess; If a source I control would deal noncombat dmg to a creature Oversoul controls, put that many -1/-1 ctrs on that creature instead)

Graveyard:
Exile: Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #2, Face down card from Courier #1, Face down card from Courier #2
Oversoul: 7
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So I did the math and I can't possibly survive this. Pretty uneventful game, but that's going to happen sometimes... :oops:

Switch decks between these two or switch to other decks entirely?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game(?). Well, at least Aggro lived up to its name for me, at least.

Let's switch decks between these two.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That'll teach me not to mulligan. Nah, seriously, I think it's just that sometimes the aggro deck gets an overwhelming enough start that it wins before the control deck can do anything...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I agree. I mean, it's built that way, but I had a pretty good starting hand. You've done it to me with the Event decks many times :)