Candelabrasurge (Old M:tG computer game deck)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This might be my most original build out of the ones I made for the computer game. I have heard stories of people using Power Surge + Candelabra of Tawnos. But decks on the Pro Tour? Popular tournament decks? Published casual decklists? I don't think I've seen anything. So I threw this together all on my lonesome. Roc of Kher Ridges and Mijae Djinn represented some affordable red midrange creature power, and the rest of the deck is mostly just "make a lot of red mana and use it to cast spells." Sometimes the deck would play defensively, only barely weakening an opponent, then build up to a win by casting Fireball on the opponent two turns in a row. But the centerpiece of the deck is the "Candelabrasurge" combo.

The idea was to, at the end of my opponent's turn, tap my own lands to activate Candelabra and untap my opponent's lands. This could give opponents a window to cast instants, but most of them had little that would matter. Power Surge wouldn't hurt me, but it would hurt my opponent. Opponents might eventually find some way to get out from under Power Surge, but even if they did, they were badly damaged and could be finished off with direct damage. This deck is the reason that I was staunchly opposed to the M10 rules changes getting rid of mana burn. I have never owned Candelabra of Tawnos in real life (some day) so I didn't physically construct this deck, but it was one of my favorite decks anyway and now, in theory, it is invalidated. Obviously I can still play it in the computer game, but that's about it.

4 Candelabra of Tawnos
4 Power Surge
4 Roc of Kher Ridges
1 Sol Ring
1 Black Vise
1 Black Lotus
4 Lightning Bolt
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire