Challenger Decks: Spidey (Vehicle Rush) vs Oversoul (Counter Surge)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Been busy and still haven't sleeved up this deck. But I'll get to this and to the Warhammer Quest thread soon, probably...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Plains, Toolcraft Exemplar, Done

Spidey: 20
Hand: 5
Library: 53
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(S) Toolcraft Exemplar (1/1; At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control an artifact, ~ gets +2/+1 ueot. If I control three or more artifacts, it also gains first strike ueot)

Graveyard:
Exile:
=================================================================================================
Oversoul: 20
Hand: 7
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Forest, done.

Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(S) Toolcraft Exemplar (1/1; At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control an artifact, ~ gets +2/+1 ueot. If I control three or more artifacts, it also gains first strike ueot)

Graveyard:
Exile:
=================================================================================================
Oversoul: 20
Library: 52
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mt
Scrapheap Scrounger
Attack with the Exemplar for 3

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mt

(T) Toolcraft Exemplar (1/1; At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control an artifact, ~ gets +2/+1 ueot. If I control three or more artifacts, it also gains first strike ueot)
(S) Scrapheap Scrounger (3/2; ~ cannot block; 1B, Exile another creature card from my graveyard: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 20 17?
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Swamp, Winding Constrictor, done.

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mt

(T) Toolcraft Exemplar (1/1; At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control an artifact, ~ gets +2/+1 ueot. If I control three or more artifacts, it also gains first strike ueot)
(S) Scrapheap Scrounger (3/2; ~ cannot block; 1B, Exile another creature card from my graveyard: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 17
Hand: 6
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

(S) Winding Constrictor (2/3; If one or more counters would be placed on an artifact or creature I control, that many plus one of each of those kinds of counters are put on that permanent instead. If I would get one or more counters, I get that many plus one of each of those kinds of counters instead.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Inspiring Vantage
Heart of Kiran

Done

Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mt
(U) Inspiring Vantage (~ ETB tapped unless I control two or fewer lands.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)

(U) Heart of Kiran (4/4; Flying; Vigilance; Crew 3; I may remove a loyalty ctr from a planeswalker I control rather than pay ~'s crew cost)

(U) Toolcraft Exemplar (1/1; At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control an artifact, ~ gets +2/+1 ueot. If I control three or more artifacts, it also gains first strike ueot)
(U) Scrapheap Scrounger (3/2; ~ cannot block; 1B, Exile another creature card from my graveyard: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 6
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

(S) Winding Constrictor (2/3; If one or more counters would be placed on an artifact or creature I control, that many plus one of each of those kinds of counters are put on that permanent instead. If I would get one or more counters, I get that many plus one of each of those kinds of counters instead.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Forest, Winding Constrictor, done.

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mt
(U) Inspiring Vantage (~ ETB tapped unless I control two or fewer lands.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)

(U) Heart of Kiran (4/4; Flying; Vigilance; Crew 3; I may remove a loyalty ctr from a planeswalker I control rather than pay ~'s crew cost)

(U) Toolcraft Exemplar (1/1; At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control an artifact, ~ gets +2/+1 ueot. If I control three or more artifacts, it also gains first strike ueot)
(U) Scrapheap Scrounger (3/2; ~ cannot block; 1B, Exile another creature card from my graveyard: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 50
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U,T) Forest x2

(U) Winding Constrictor (2/3; If one or more counters would be placed on an artifact or creature I control, that many plus one of each of those kinds of counters are put on that permanent instead. If I would get one or more counters, I get that many plus one of each of those kinds of counters instead.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mt
Depala, Pilot Exemplar
Tap it to crew the Heart and pay 1 to reveal Bomat Courier which goes on the bottom of my library.
Attack with the Heart for 5

Done

Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Inspiring Vantage (~ ETB tapped unless I control two or fewer lands.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)

(U) Toolcraft Exemplar (Dwarf Artificer; 2/2 from Depala; At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control an artifact, ~ gets +2/+1 ueot. If I control three or more artifacts, it also gains first strike ueot)
(T) Depala, Pilot Exemplar (3/3; Other Dwarves I control get +1/+1.; Each Vehicle I control gets +1/+1 as long as it's a creature.; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, I may pay X. If I do, reveal the top X cards of my library, put all Dwarf and Vehicle cards from among them into my hand, then put the rest on the bottom of my library in a random order)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 17 12?
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U,T) Forest x2

(U) Winding Constrictor (2/3; If one or more counters would be placed on an artifact or creature I control, that many plus one of each of those kinds of counters are put on that permanent instead. If I would get one or more counters, I get that many plus one of each of those kinds of counters instead.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Uh oh. This is looking one-sided...

UUD, Scrapheap Scrounger, done.

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Inspiring Vantage (~ ETB tapped unless I control two or fewer lands.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)

(U) Toolcraft Exemplar (Dwarf Artificer; 2/2 from Depala; At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control an artifact, ~ gets +2/+1 ueot. If I control three or more artifacts, it also gains first strike ueot)
(T) Depala, Pilot Exemplar (3/3; Other Dwarves I control get +1/+1.; Each Vehicle I control gets +1/+1 as long as it's a creature.; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, I may pay X. If I do, reveal the top X cards of my library, put all Dwarf and Vehicle cards from among them into my hand, then put the rest on the bottom of my library in a random order)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 12
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U,T) Forest x2

(S) Scrapheap Scrounger (3/2; ~ cannot block; 1B, Exile another creature card from my graveyard: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I had a fairly good hand and as it turns out, draws. And probably amplified by your slow start :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Veteran Motorist, scrying 2 and putting one of the cards on the bottom of my library and keeping the other on top.
Tap the Motorist to crew the Heart
Attack with the Heart for 6

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T,U) Mt x2

(T) Heart of Kiran (4/4; Flying; Vigilance; Crew 3; I may remove a loyalty ctr from a planeswalker I control rather than pay ~'s crew cost)

(U) Depala, Pilot Exemplar (3/3; Other Dwarves I control get +1/+1.; Each Vehicle I control gets +1/+1 as long as it's a creature.; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, I may pay X. If I do, reveal the top X cards of my library, put all Dwarf and Vehicle cards from among them into my hand, then put the rest on the bottom of my library in a random order)
(T) Veteran Motorist (Dwarf Pilot; 4/4 from Depala; When ~ ETB, scry 2.; Whenever ~ crews a Vehicle, that Vehicle gets +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 12 6?
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U,T) Forest x2

(S) Scrapheap Scrounger (3/2; ~ cannot block; 1B, Exile another creature card from my graveyard: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Forest, Dreamstealer, done.

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T,U) Mt x2

(T) Heart of Kiran (4/4; Flying; Vigilance; Crew 3; I may remove a loyalty ctr from a planeswalker I control rather than pay ~'s crew cost)

(U) Depala, Pilot Exemplar (3/3; Other Dwarves I control get +1/+1.; Each Vehicle I control gets +1/+1 as long as it's a creature.; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, I may pay X. If I do, reveal the top X cards of my library, put all Dwarf and Vehicle cards from among them into my hand, then put the rest on the bottom of my library in a random order)
(T) Veteran Motorist (Dwarf Pilot; 4/4 from Depala; When ~ ETB, scry 2.; Whenever ~ crews a Vehicle, that Vehicle gets +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 6
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U,T,T) Forest x3

(U) Scrapheap Scrounger (3/2; ~ cannot block; 1B, Exile another creature card from my graveyard: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield.)
(S) Dreamstealer (1/2; Menace. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player discards that many cards. Eternalize 4BB.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Motorist crews the Heart
Heart attacks for 6
Any responses to all of that/game?

Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U,U) Mt x2

(T,A) Heart of Kiran (4/4; Flying; Vigilance; Crew 3; I may remove a loyalty ctr from a planeswalker I control rather than pay ~'s crew cost)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 6
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U,T,T) Forest x3

(U) Scrapheap Scrounger (3/2; ~ cannot block; 1B, Exile another creature card from my graveyard: Return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield.)
(S) Dreamstealer (1/2; Menace. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player discards that many cards. Eternalize 4BB.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game! Yeah, that was lightning quick for me, for once :rolleyes: Let's switch and hope that doesn't happen to you :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Good game. I'll see if I've got Vehicle Rush sleeved up at home...

Come on Depala, don't fail me... :p