Hello Everybody!

P

Puggernaut

I'm not new, just stepped out for a very loooooong time. I used to be Sefro/Notepad. Interested in writing again. Brain scrambled as to which topics to try first.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm not new, just stepped out for a very loooooong time. I used to be Sefro/Notepad.
Welcome back. I enjoyed your old writing that had been posted here and was a bit sad to see it go, although I could understand why you wanted it that way.

Interested in writing again. Brain scrambled as to which topics to try first.
Well, you'd have to meet our very high editorial standards. In my hazy recollection, the two favorite topics for writing here at the CPA have been exhaustive analyses of every historical change to the Legacy Ban List and lamentations regarding the creature type erratum of the card Pygmy Allosaur from "dinosaur" to "lizard." So, take your pick.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm not new, just stepped out for a very loooooong time. I used to be Sefro/Notepad. Interested in writing again. Brain scrambled as to which topics to try first.
Noooooooo!!!!!

I never completed my quest to have the top (read: most recent) article for every category on the front page. Hold on while I submit something to the "Weekly Articles" now...

3 seconds later

Okay, done. Now you may contribute.

Just kidding. I don't think we have a front page anymore. But you can post an article in the forum. I promise if it's under 2000 words, I will skim through it looking for swear words.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back SeFro...:D

I'm pretty sure the front page can still be used - it's just that the article submission button is broken, and the replies have been turned off. I think you can still email something to Spidey and he can post it, though I don't have the address offhand...:confused:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm pretty sure the front page can still be used - it's just that the article submission button is broken, and the replies have been turned off. I think you can still email something to Spidey and he can post it, though I don't have the address offhand...:confused:
I do still have the one that I used (but I have some vague recollection of not wanting to post it on the boards because of spammers). I'm actually (slowly) working on an article, but was planning to post it to the forums instead of emailing it, to see which would be better. Were I not so lazy, I'd have done this already. SeFro/Notepad/Puggernaut is a real writer, whereas I am just a wannabe. So he could probably finish an article in the time that it takes me to muster the effort to write a paragraph of one.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Welcome!!

Okay, enough chit-chat. Here's your complim....... wait a minute.... NO DOUBLE DIPPING!!!!!!

...damn freeloader...

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Welcome!!

Okay, enough chit-chat. Here's your complim....... wait a minute.... NO DOUBLE DIPPING!!!!!!

...damn freeloader...

Ransac, cpa trash man
Playing it cool like he totally hasn't been hiding from us all year.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
TomB said:
it's just that the article submission button is broken
It's not broken, I disabled it also because of the spammers. I can PM my email address if you want to submit an article though :)

P

Puggernaut

Thanks for the warm re-welcomes! :D I've been away from creative writing while pursuing the wrong types of writing (news). Now doing a career shift. Trying out Old School even though the price spikes make it super hard to get even jank cards.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I love Old School! I was putting together some obnoxious Power Artifact combo deck, but it went on hiatus.

P

Puggernaut

It's not broken, I disabled it also because of the spammers. I can PM my email address if you want to submit an article though :)
Yes please can you send me your email address? There's a few ideas I'm working on. Currently working on a few article and video ideas. One big question, would it be possible to do videos here? If hosting all that data is a problem, maybe if hosted on my YouTube channel and then embedded here? If not I'm fine with article content.

I love Old School! I was putting together some obnoxious Power Artifact combo deck, but it went on hiatus.
Why not dust it off? Then again I know, all I have to play Old School against currently is my brother. Planning on evangelizing to a LGS soon...

So you were/are a journalist?
Was. Multiple times. (It's complicated). Working on finishing university for a career change to teaching. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I PMed my email address. Not sure about hosting videos, I'll ask Ed, but for now, I guess just link to them being somewhere else.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Why not dust it off? Then again I know, all I have to play Old School against currently is my brother. Planning on evangelizing to a LGS soon...
I'll do some digging through my collection. I probably have the cards. Just need to gather them up and sleeve them. It's been more of a "think it would be cool to have an Old School deck" thing than a "motivated to find others who want to play Old School" thing. I don't really know other people who (still) have cards from that era. Maybe I should build a few budget Old School decks and have them available if I do find someone who would be interested in the format.

Thought about trying it here with forum games, but it seems like a lot of the charm of the format comes from actually playing games with a bunch of cards from 1994.

P

Psarketos

Alright Puggernaut, I have been holding down the fort with this article writing business, but I am ready to see what interesting content you have been crafting!