White Border vs Black Border

F

Force of Will Smith

I think haunting misery would be amazing but since it costs 2B

I think it could be a very flexible deck... theres some good utility cycling cards.

so something like this..

4 Barkhide Mauler
4 Bloated Toad (Pro Blue)
4 Darkwatch Elves (Pro Black)
4 Keeneye Aven (Flying)
4 Pendrell Drake (Flying)
4 Primoc Escapee (Flying)
4 Sandbar Serpent

4 Dark Ritual
2 Drain Life
2 Songs of the Damned

4 Fluctuator

2 Blasted Landscape
4 Polluted Mire
4 Remote Isle
4 Slippery Karst
6 Swamp

i think a red white would work very well.. exploiting spirit cairn.. so instead of just popping a creature out of play with astral.. you get a 1/1 flyer. In addition you have a rop of every color.

4 Radiant's Judgment
4 Renewed Faith
3 Clear

4 Slice and Dice
4 Starstorm
3 Scrap

4 Spirit Cairn/Astral Slide
4 Lightning Rift
4 Fluctuator
1 Rune of Protection: Artifacts
1 Rune of Protection: Black
1 Rune of Protection: Blue
1 Rune of Protection: Green
1 Rune of Protection: Red
1 Rune of Protection: White

4 Blasted Landscape
4 Drifting Meadow
4 Forgotten Cave
4 Secluded Steppe
4 Smoldering Crater

D

DarthFerret

I have to admit I like using the white border better, but that is usually because (and I hate to admit this) I am playing in a place that I have never been before, and love watching all the others drool when I drop my 4 white border pirate ships, then drop 4 white border clones, followed up by my 4 white border Doppelgangers. Throw in my 2 white border Braingeysers, and my one white border Ancestral Recall, and you need hip waders to keep dry!!

<Snicker>

R

Rooser

I don't care to the point that I search for black-bordered cards for my decks, but I do care enough to say that I think black-bordered cards look immensely better than white-bordered cards.

K

Killerbob

For me the aesthetic value of a deck is important. A few white border cards in a deck is very annoyng. But if its wrath, theres nothing to do about it...it will soon be hidden in the graveyard anyway. Lands which I have to look at the rest of the game are much worse.
I play only casual, and play the same decks for a long time. Some decks have more priority than others though. If I played tourneys, I would play WB too.
I have played for many years, and a card which used to be BB looks "fake" with WB.
Anyway, I builded a WB-only deck too. You can build a playable WB white weenie deck. Very White Weenies :) (no, I dont think I´m a racist, but I have a feeling that White Knight might be...).

J

jorael

I like the BB more, but I'm too practical not to use a WB variant if that's all I have. I'm not spending extra money on cards I have 4x if one or more of them are WB.

The same money can be spend buying other cards. I'm that practical :)

N

Nightstalkers

I liked there being a difference. Just added variety... now we have these cards with Topps holographic deals of authenticity that I'm baffled by.